Living in the central valley, it’s no surprise that your water level will vary from day to day. Wind, humidity, and heat can play a huge role in the amount of evaporation that can occur. However, if your pool or spa is losing more than 1/4 inch of water per day OR 2 inches a week, then you may have a leak.
The Pristine Team are Experts in Finding Leaks in Your Pool or Spa
Common signs your pool or spa may be leaking:
- Air in the pool system
- Pool equipment keeps losing prime
- Cracks can be seen from the waters edge
- The pool deck is either sinking or rising
- Soggy areas around your pool
- Adding water to your pool more than once a week
A small crack can turn into a major repair if left untreated. So if you’re experiencing any of the problems above, call Pristine Pool Service and Repair. At Pristine, we use state of the art pool leak detection technology that can diagnose almost any pool leak.
Pool Leak Detection Diagnosis – How to Prepare
- Make sure your pool is clean – It’s easy to miss leaks when they’re covered in dirt, even those up to one inch in diameter. Therefore, we recommended that your pool is vacuumed or brushed thoroughly prior to your detection appointment.
- Make sure the water is clean – No green pools! Besides the molds, fungus and other nasty contaminants that could make you sick, it’s almost impossible to test for leaks in a green pool.
Need a Leak Detected?
Call Pristine Pool Service and Repair at (559) 456-4011 to schedule an appointment today.
Or simply fill out this short form below and we’ll contact during normal business hours. Forms submitted after business hours will be contacted the following business day.